Key Program Details
Who’s it for? Boys and Girls ages 5-7
Saturdays: 9:00-10:30 AM, 10:30-12:00 PM, 12:00-1:30 PM, 1:30-3 PM (4 Time slots to pick from)
Sundays: 9:00-10:30 AM, 10:30-12:00 PM (2 Time slots to pick from)
Fall Session Runs: October 19th/20th – December 14th/15th 2019 – PLEASE NOTE: 1:30-3pm session is not available on November 16th, therefore it is offered at a pro-rated cost ($175) for the Fall. ALL SATURDAY TIME SLOTS ARE FULL AND WAIT LIST IS AT CAPACITY (1:30-3PM waitlist still open)
Winter Session Runs: January 11th/12th – February 29th/March 1st 2020
Location: Charles R Beaudoin
Note: All refunds are subject to a minimal $50 refund fee.
Registration*: Register – OPEN
More about this program
The Jr. NBA Youth Basketball program (formerly Steve Nash Youth Basketball) is a national youth basketball initiative designed to develop fundamental skills, sportsmanship and a love for the game of basketball.
This grassroots program supports and empowers community-based recreational groups and facilities, schools and other institutions across Canada in an effort to positively influence youth through basketball. The goal of the program is to allow participants the opportunity to maximize their potential, while promoting the importance of youth basketball as a vehicle to build character, discipline and self-esteem.
The model for Jr. NBA Youth Basketball was established after extensive research of existing community basketball programs from across North America. It follows the guidelines of Sport For Life’s Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTAD), and develops basic movements skills and physical literacy. The program also teaches “life skills” such as fair play, teamwork, commitment, and self confidence, while developing basketball specific skills, fostering friendships and promoting fair play. It’s a fun-filled 90 minutes of movement, games and basketball. Kids love it, and so do parents, as they quickly recognize that this is a quality program, and they see rapid growth and improvements in skills and focus.
More about Jr. NBA Youth Basketball Program
- Participation – Provide opportunities for youth ages 5-12 across Canada to play basketball.
- Education – NCCP FUNdamentals Coach Workshop and full basketball curriculum with supporting resources.
- Development – Develop young athletes in alignment with the Sport Canada LTAD Model and stage-appropriate drills and games.
- Progression – Entry to the Canada Basketball development pathway, encouraging athletes to pursue high performance opportunity.
- Character Building – Help athletes maximize their potential, using basketball as a vehicle to develop character and life skills.
- Co-ed for youth from 5 years of age
- A national youth basketball program designed to develop fundamental skills, sportsmanship and a love of the game of basketball.
- Empowering basketball communities, clubs, and facilities
- Positively impact youth through the sport of basketball
- Holistic approach to athlete development based off of the Sport Canada LTAD Model
Our Jr. NBA Program is Exceptional. Check out what parents say!
The 3v3 concept is great as it provides players more space to learn and create. This is especially great at the youth level!
Great program. Troy LOVED it. We will be signing up for more. Coach was fantastic. Great management of the kids.
Excellent program. Jeff’s temperament, patience and control were much appreciated. Thank you!
Great Program. Great Coach. Great Development Sequence.
My son enjoyed his time and learned new skills. I would sign him up again.
Awesome. What great program. Thanks so much Jeff.
We’re really grateful for the experiences, team-building and positivity that this has provided Jane. Thanks for all that you’ve done.
Jeff is an excellent coach. We are very fortunate to have a resource like him in the city of Burlington.
Coach Jeff is phenomenal with the kids… my son thoroughly enjoyed the program, and learned the skills taught. His passion and knowledge of the game makes him a very effective instructor. I wasn’t just basketball… also taught them life skills. Great rapport with the kids and parents. Highly recommend the program. Thanks Jeff.
This is the 3rd session for both of my kids. They loved coming every week and the skill improvement and progression has been amazing to watch. Thank you coach Jeff.