The NCAA Boys & Girls league is an “Introduction to 5 on 5 Basketball” for boys & girls in grades 3 and 4.
The NCAA Boys & Girls league is an “Introduction to 5 on 5 Basketball” for boys & girls in grades 3 and 4. Each weekly session is 90 minutes long long, with roughly 45 minutes dedicated to skills and drills. The second half of each session is a 5 on 5 game, giving players an opportunity to apply the skills learned in the developmental portion of each session. Certified coaches will officiate the games, to teach rules and reinforce concepts, while taking advantage of teachable moments. As skills improve, the breakdown of the 90 minute session can change throughout the year to allow for more skill development, or more game play.
The NCAA Program Highlights:
- 90 minute session, once a week on Saturdays (8:00am – 9:30am @ The Playground Burlington)
- Season runs from mid-October to mid-February
- Novice Boys & Girls Division Fair play rules
- Basketball & Jersey provided
- Boys & Girls Ages 8-9 (Grades 3-4)
- 12 Teams of 10