The WNBA Junior girls program is a house league program for girls in grade 5 and 8.
The WNBA girls program is a house league program for girls in grade 5, 6, 7 and 8. The WNBA House League program runs once a week for 19 sessions. A full 2 hour session each week will ensure that skills can develop, while allowing players the opportunity to apply their developing skills in a friendly competition in a true game format. Fair play, teamwork and individual skills we be targeted for improvement, as coaches work to create lasting friendships, memories and a positive experience for all. Each successive year will build on fundamentals learned at earlier ages, but athletes can jump into the continuum at any time with no specific basketball experience. Athletes will quickly improve with coaches focused on developing key fundamental skills.
The progression over 19 sessions will allow athletes to identify weaknesses in their game play and work to correct it during the practice portion of the session week to week. This strategy will develop tremendous confidence at the youth level, allowing for growth towards higher and higher levels of play.
WNBA House League Program Highlights:
- 19 week program, Saturday mornings @ Playground Burlington
- 6-12 Teams Per Division
- Maximum 10 Players Per Team
- Mandatory Player evaluations to help determine adequate skill level and balanced teams
- Man to Man Defense Rules ensure Offensive Skill development of all players
- Fair Playing Time ensures player development opportunities and encourages practice participation
- Custom Jersey and Regulation Ball included with Registration
- Trophies and Awards