Key Program Details
Who’s it for? Girls ages 10-11
Dates: 14-16 Week Season (First practice: Saturday October 12th; First game: Wednesday October 16th)
Commitment: Twice Weekly (one 1.5 hr practice Saturdays + Wednesday games)
Note: All refunds are subject to a minimal $50 refund fee.
Registration*: Register – OPEN
More about this program
The WNBA Junior girls program is a house league program for girls in grade 5 and 6.
It requires a commitment of one practice and one game each week, over the course of a 14 – 16 week season. A full 1.5 hour practice each week, will ensure that skills can develop, while allowing players the opportunity to apply their developing skills in a friendly competition in a true game format.
Volunteer coaches will have an opportunity to attend coaching clinics offered by Club Head Coach Matt Donnelly and Basketball Ontario LF/Coach Evaluator Jeff Boelhouwer. Fair play, teamwork and individual skills we be targeted for improvement, as coaches work to create lasting friendships, memories and a positive experience for all.
Each successive year will build on fundamentals learned at earlier ages, but athletes can “jump” into the continuum at any time with no specific basketball experience. Opportunities to “catch up” on skills missed or lacking are always available.
By playing a game every Wednesday, and then practicing the following Saturday, players are able to make mistakes on game night, identify them in order to work on solutions at practice and then repeat the process the following week. This is ideal for building self-confidence and learning how practice can make you better at anything.
WNBA JR. Program Highlights:
- 14 to 16 week program
- WNBA JR. Division
- 6-8 Teams Per Division
- Maximum 10 Players Per Team
- Registration is capped
- 2 times a week with one practice slot (on Saturdays between 9:00-4:30) and one game slot (on Wednesday nights 6:30-8:00 or 8:00-9:30 pm. )
- Mandatory Player evaluations helps determine adequate skill level and balanced teams
- Man to Man Defense Rules ensure Offensive Skill development of “ALL SIZE” players
- Fair Playing Time ensures player development opportunities and encourages practice participation
- Skills Events and Optional Skills Clinics Offered
- Custom Jersey and Regulation Ball included with Registration
- Official Ontario Basketball Approved Officials
- Trophies and Awards
- Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy for Players, Volunteers and Parents