Key Program Details
Who’s it for? High School aged girls (grades 9+)
Dates: 12-14 Week Season (starts Saturday October 12th)
Commitment: Once per Week (Saturdays at noon, 1.5 hrs)
Note: All refunds are subject to a minimal $50 refund fee.
Registration*: Register – OPEN
More about this program
The WNBA High School girls program is a house league program for girls in grades 9+.
It requires a commitment of one practice weekly during the 12-14 week season on Saturday afternoons. Each weekly session is 90 minutes long, with roughly 30 minutes dedicated to skills and drills. The final hour of each session is a 5 on 5 game, giving players an opportunity to apply the skills learned in the developmental portion of each session. As skills improve, the breakdown of the 90 minute session can change throughout the year. Early in the season, the drills and skills portion of each session may be a little longer.
Volunteer coaches will have an opportunity to attend coaching clinics offered by Club Head Coach Matt Donnelly and Basketball Ontario LF/Coach Evaluator Jeff Boelhouwer. Fair play, teamwork and individual skills we be targeted for improvement, as coaches work to create lasting friendships, memories and a positive experience for all.
Each successive year will build on fundamentals learned at earlier ages, but athletes can “jump” into the continuum at any time with no specific basketball experience. Opportunities to “catch up” on skills missed or lacking are always available.
WNBA SR. Program Highlights:
- 12 to 14 week program girls high school division
- Once a week Saturdays @ Noon
- Mandatory Player evaluations helps determine adequate skill level and balanced teams
- Man to Man Defense Rules ensure Offensive Skill development of “ALL SIZE” players
- Fair Playing Time ensures player development opportunities and encourages practice participation
- Skills Events and Optional Skills Clinics Offered
- Reversible Jersey
- Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy for Players, Volunteers and Parents